Heaton Catering Equipment Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Heaton Catering Equipment Limited of 160 Heaton Park Road, Heaton, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom.
Click on the links below to go straight to more information on each area:
· Information we collect from you
· Uses made of the information
· Disclosure of your information
· Where we store your personal data
· Your rights
· Third Party Services
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service (for example our Newsletter or Catalogue), search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site.
The information you give us may include your title, name, address, e-mail address, and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
· technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, screen resolution.
· information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) which the file was requested from, the name of the file, date and time of requirement, clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, access status (e.g. file transfer, file not found), length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, the transferred data amount, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies).
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
· Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
· Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
· Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
· Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|vscommerce||A session identifier cookie that disappears after the browser is closed. This is a unique ID that references the database entry holding information such as the basket contents, logged in status and other information.|
|VSCurrency||An identifier that references the currency the prices are displayed in.|
|VSVatPrices||An identifier that references if prices are shown inclusive or exclusive of VAT.|
|VSCategoryGroup||An identifier that references the last top level category visited.|
|mobi||An identifier that references whether the customer has opted to view the mobile or standard version of the website.|
|VSCourierID||An identifier that references the courier the customer has selected.|
|VSCountryID||An identifier that references the country the customer has selected.|
|VSWishlistId||An identifier that references the database entry holding the visitors wishlist on the website when they are not logged in.|
|VSWishlistToken||An identifier that references the database entry holding the visitors wishlist on the website when they are not logged in.|
|vs_login||Secure login token if the visitor selected for the website to remember them.|
|Google Analytics||Non-personal information used to track a visitors route through the website. This is used to find at which point customers have abandoned the checkout process and is used to improve the website. You can read more information on the cookies used by Google Analytics uses on its information page|
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
· to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
· to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
· to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (such as order form and registration form), and cancel your subscription to our Newsletter and Catalogueby emailing us at: [email@example.com];
· to notify you about changes to our service;
· to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
· to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
· to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
· to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
· as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
· to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
· to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources
We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
· any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
· selected third parties including:
· business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you (for example, carries for the purpose of delivery of products to you);
· advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
· analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
· credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
· If Heaton Catering Equipment Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
· If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Website Use , or our Terms and Conditions of Sale and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Heaton Catering Equipment Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
For information on the storage of non-personal data collected by web analytics and social plugin providers, please see ThirdParty Services.
Processing for marketing purposes
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, and not subscribing to our Newsletter and/or Catalogue. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You can find further information about your rights under the Act on the Information Commissioner’s Office website at: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/.
Third party services
We will periodically review the list of the Providers to ensure it is complete and up-to-date. However, we may use services of a new Provider before the list below is updated.
Web analytics and retargeting
Our site uses web analytics and retargeting services provided to us by Google Analytics and Visualsoft Limited. We use their services to collect and analyse data about your site activity. We do that to improve our site and your experience of using it, including using targeted product recommendations in the form of personalised banners on the site.
We integrate into our site social plugins of Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Pinterest. You may recognise their social buttons through the corresponding logos of the Providers. We do that to improve your interactive experience of using our site and allow you to react to, or share the content our site.
When you enter a site of our internet domain that contains such plugin, a connection between your browser and the server of the relevant Provider will be created. The relevant Provider receives and stores data (such as IP address and cookie ID) in order to facilitate that Provider to recognise which site has been visited. This happens regardless of whether you activate the plugin or not. Where you hold a personal account with a Provider and are logged into it, the data received by that Provider as a result of the connection may be assigned to that account.
The collection, storage and processing of data by a Provider is not within our control.
We embed into our site the content provided by YouTube to enhance your experience of using our site. Because your browser needs to request the content from that Provider’s servers, it may set its own cookies on your computer and collect other information such as your IP address. If at the same time you are logged into your personal account with the Provider, the forwarded data may be assigned to the specific account.
The collection, storage and processing of data by the Provider is not within our control. If you do not wish for your information to be sent to and stored by the providers or linked to your personal account which you hold with the Provider, we recommend that you do not click on the video.
This policy was last updated on 3rd October 2016.
Any questions, comments, requests or complaints regarding this policy should be send by email at: [email@example.com, or post to Heaton Catering Equipment Limited of 160 Heaton Park Road, Heaton, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom.
We can also be contacted by phone on [+44 (0) 191 265 6709] or fax on [+44 (0) 191 265 6706].